Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Week 18-first transfer and picture overload

Sorry this is late.  I was hoping for an update after he got to his new area.  On the plus side, he must have better internet in Comodoro, since I have been getting pictures from his wifi camera all day.  


New area in Comodoro
Mom & my Buds,

"Its hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head." -Sally Kempton

I'm here in Rio Gallegos right now. Its about 7 hrs north of Rio Grande. We are here waiting for our other bus which leaves at 9:30 and will take us the next 11 hrs to Comodoro which will be my next area! I'm actually kind of sad about it. Mariela y Yolanda in the kiosco were progressing really well and we were sure we were going to baptize them this next transfer. Close to everyone said I'd serve probably 4 transfers in Grande so we were all very surprised I got moved this early. My comp thinks its because I have the dog bite and if anything happens to missionaries, Hermana Salerno wants them close to her. We were also working with the AMAZING members in Grande and great less actives were activating also. Its funny, last week was super slow for us, and the week we have things literally rolling here in Chacra, i get moved. Really sad, I'm honestly going to miss it there. We were starting ot see little miracles with the people we were working with. Also Comodoro is apparently the place where all the Elders lose weight, so we will see haha. But off to the big city for me!

I did have a great experience this week. We were inviting a less active member, Domingo, to church for the 3rd time. He is 55 and has been a member for 35 yrs. He was baptized in Cordoba up north, and has been through the temple and everything. He knows more about the Gospel doctrine than we do haha so he knows he has to come to church. He told us honestly he just has trouble getting out of bed early Saturday and Sunday morning. We were able to powerfully testify how important coming to church is for our lives, and it was easily the best I've talked the whole mission. The spirit just took over and I started talking Spanish I didn't know I could. I can testify that the Gift of Tongues is real. In the times we need it most, God is here to help us, especially when we are reaching out to his other children. After this week, there is a lot of potential in my old area.

Random thought but last Tuesday, Elder Cardenas and I wanted to see what it would feel like to switch clothes for a few min. I'm 250 lbs and he is 145 with rocks in his pockets haha. I wasn't able to get his pants on (since one of my legs is the size of his waist) but I squeezed into his shirt and jacket somehow haha. Really good times with him! Have a good week everyone!!

Much Love,

Elder Christensen

None of the pictures are labeled, so I have no idea who they are.  I will try to get the information and add it later. I believe the apartment pictures are of his new apartment, and the last six pictures of the city are of his new area.











































































































No comments:

Post a Comment