Monday, February 13, 2017

Week 41

Mommy and All,

"There is no music in hell, for all good music belongs to heaven." -Brigham Young

First wanna give a Big birthday shoutout to my Big Little Bro Elder Colton Durrant out there in the DR. Happy birthday my brotha and prayers up to him and his family. Also happy Valentines Day to all as well. 

I'm honestly not sure what to write this week. I didn't run into any drunk guys or dogs. None of our investigators got possessed by demons. And I didn't fall into a sewage hole. This must be the most boring week of my mission thus far haha. 

We went to Perito Moreno quite a bit this week. Wednesday I had to go to Comodoro to do a bunch of paperwork and sign stuff so they can finally start working on my Argentine ID and visa because I guess we messed up the first time I did all that. So while I was there my comp took the rest of the District out to Perito. We also went back Thursday and spent Saturday and Sunday there as well. We are finding quite a few new people out there like we are in Las Heras.

We met this one kid named Augstin who we had heard about from the other missionaries. His whole family is Catholic but his uncle who is Mormon and the Branch President in Pico Truncado about 3 hrs away. I guess they had his baptism all planned and were literally about on the bus to go to Pico so his uncle could baptize him. The one tiny problem was that he forgot to tell his parents. So when they found out they pulled the plug on that really quick. So right now we are working on softening the hearts of his parents to let that happen. We talked with his mom who told us their family was having pretty big financial problems and her "husband" and her aren't married but they live together and have 3 kids but they were having relationship problems as well. So they were about to fall apart right around they time Augustin was going to get baptized. When his mom asked him why he wanted to get baptized he told her for the family. She said that hit her pretty hard and opened her eyes a bit. Her brother is the one who is the Branch President and so she has now even started reading the Book of Mormon. Its great because she says whenever she has a question about anything she reads, she can just pick up the phone and call her brother which I guess she does a lot so she is reading with real intent. 

We also found Javier again. We didn't get to talk to him for very long because his family was leaving to go to the festival in town, and all he wanted to tell me was all the stuff that Trump was doing haha so we really didn't get anything in. But as we were leaving he grasped our hands and genuinely thanked us for the small visit and for coming back to see him. We didn't even share anything, but it was like he still felt something. 

Much Love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment