Monday, September 25, 2017

Week 73


Mommy & All,

"If you're waiting on your next door neighbor to make it happen for you, it may not happen...You don't beg good people to be phenomenal! You just are phenomenal and you will attract phenomenal!" -Phenomenal

This week was pretty good. We got transfers yesterday. My comp elder Fogo is heading to Comodoro in the area where Dustin (my comp from the MTC) was so that will be cool for him. I'm going to train again haha so that should be fun. I'll be taking the 24 hr bus ride to Comodoro tomorrow to go see who my new comp is gonna be. I'm kinda excited, and I think it will be really good to get another jolt of energy out here with us.

So every Wednesday like I've said before, Elder Crawford, Jensen and I go and play basketball with the members and investigators and everyone gets really into it which makes it even more fun. There is one hermano who is from the other ward named Petropaulo who is a die hard basketball guy and who loves to play. While we were playing last week, he drove down the lane and tried to throw up a layup, and I swatted the shot hard and out of bounds and it was pretty funny. I guess he remembers that I did that because he showed up to our ward yesterday and was in my ear all day haha. It was all good spirited and funny, but he was just kept telling me he was coming for me and that I better show up on Wednesday so we can go again and that if I dont show up he's gonna come and find me so he can try and get me one time haha. We've become pretty good friends over the last few weeks playing basketball, and its always good to be able to have a release like that, and really just to show the investigators that we like to have fun as well. 

We also had a Family Home Evening with Nicolas this week. We just ate some facturas and drank some hot chocolate and talked. The guy really wants to help with the missionary work here, and loves to go out and teach with us. He has a lot of energy and desire to share the gospel with all the people here in Ushuaia, and its been really great to get to know him better, and have him as a friend. He might become our ward mission leader here in a little bit with all that he has been doing to help us, and his desire just to be back in church and help out with the work down here. Meeting people like him is part of the reason we are all out here. I've met at least one person in every area I've been in who's changed my life. I've learned so much more from investigators and teaching than they could ever learn from me. Of course all of us are out here to help people, but I didn't realize all the help that we receive from the people we are trying to help. Not sure where I'd be without the mission and all the people I've gotten to know along the way.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen















No comments:

Post a Comment