Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Week 82



Mommy & All,

"I see love as a powerful moving force that, if magnified to its divine potential, will quicken my soul with eternal joy and will exalt me on high." -Max Christensen Sr.

This week I've been reading a lot in Grandpa Max's journal about his mission and his life and this is something I really liked. He talked a lot about love and how to live the gospel, the most important thing we need to have is love. Because if we love God, we are gonna do everything we can to live the commandments, to teach and instruct, and just to help our fellow man or our brothers and sisters. When we love people we do everything we can to help them and when we do that, we are always helping ourselves as well.

This week was okay. On Thursday we had a nice Thanksgiving dinner with our zone and its was pretty cool. We made milanesa and mashed potatoes and bought a bunch of pie. My black Brazilian cousin Elder Otoni turned 19 on Sunday, 2 days after me. So we also celebrated our birthdays during the dinner as well. Its a little crazy being zone leader, especially with the zone being pretty big, but its been good. Also forgot to mention that Elder Vega who I trained in Perito, got made the new secretary when I came up here, so I see him like every other day and that's really cool haha. 

Friday we had my birthday and to celebrate, we had the baptismal interview of Luis. He was supposed to get baptized Saturday, but the really sad part where my birthday went south was when he ended up not passing the baptismal interview. That's the first time I've had someone not pass and it was way sad. My comp elder Nelson and I were shocked and we didn't know what to do. So that part of my birthday sucked haha. That night though some members made me a bunch of pizza and a cake so we got to go over and eat that. With Luis, he just wasn't as ready as we thought, and we are still working and progressing with him, and hopefully we can see his baptism happen in a few weeks. Elder Nelson is the best guy ever haha its been great to get to be with him and he is just like a friend from back home. He keeps me laughing and really helps me to just be a better person and missionary. We have been having a good time trying to hold down the fort here in Comodoro.

Next monday we have Elder Braggs from the 70 coming to talk to the mission, so we will probably not be writing next monday.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment