Monday, December 18, 2017

Week 85






Mommy & All,

"I like what Zig Zigler says when he says that Fear is false evidence appearing real." -Les Brown

This week was pretty good. Wanna give a huge B-Day shoutout Lil Bro Caleb turning 17 on Saturday!! Hope the day goes well for you big man and we all glad you made it this far haha!

On Thursday we had the Christmas dinner with Presidente Salerno like we did last year. As you can see by the pics, we had a pretty good time. My comp elder Nelson came up with the great idea that we had to do something for the talent show they had. So he decided that we were going to dance and lip sync to a song by Pentatonix with Elder Sudweeks and elder Galvez. It turned out pretty nice and funny and was really fun to do haha. There is a soccer team here in Argentina called Newells Old Boys. So since Nelson came up with the idea and put the group together, we are now calling ourselves Nelsons Young Boys hahaha as an Argentine play on words. But anyways we had a good time doing that. ( I will see if I can send the video out this week or next week.)

On Saturday, we gotta see Luis get baptized!! We were able to meet all of our goals with him, and Elder Sanchez who is another Elder in our zone did the baptism. It was really cool to see. Luis and Elder Sanchez were sitting playing chess on P-Day and started talking about the mission and stuff. Elder Sanchez told Luis that he hadn't yet had the opportunity to be in the font and participate in the baptism of someone. So Luis told me he could do his baptism and Elder Nelson and I were all good with that and it was great. Luis is such a nice guy and loves to try and help everyone and make them feel good about themselves. After the baptism we all got to stand in the circle yesterday and confirm him. Its amazing to me to always see the changes that people make as they progress and go through baptism. Luis told me his plan right now is to get ready for a mission, go on the mission, them come back find a job and then look to marry a girl inside the church haha the bro has a good state of mind. 

During this time the year we always sit back and look at our blessings and all that Christ has done for us. Always grateful for my family and have been thinking a lot about all the friends and examples God has given me that have helped me get here. I just wanna give a huge shout out also to all the bros who are out serving or who are ballin back home, THANK YOU GUYS FOR BEING MY EXAMPLE. A lot of the bros from high school, you guys changed my life, made me who I am, and have helped me get here so thanks for that. Talking to Elder Woody Udy last week he told me something I loved he said "We all out here still ballin, just on a different field!" And that's exactly how it is. Wherever you at guys keep on BALLIN!

Much Love,

Elder Christensen




NELSONS YOUNG BOYS



LEFT TO RIGHT: Elder Sudweeks, Elder Galvez, Elder Nelson, Elder Me














No comments:

Post a Comment