Thursday, January 4, 2018

Week 87



Mommy & All,

"Sometimes the only good things that you will hear about you are the things you say to you! So Im saying start to learn to be your own booster! Start to motivate yourself! Start to say to yourself I can do this!!"

This week was pretty good. We actually just got back from laying another cement floor so looks like Elder Nelson and I are gonna have our own cement mixing company after the mission haha. So we have been doing a lot of service and have gotten more in this week.

New years was fun. We just went over to Gaby's house. She is our neighbor and isn't a member, although shes known the missionaries for 7 years now haha. Her and her boyfriend Juan just had us chill with them for the night, cooked us a lot of food, and gave us a lot of cider so it was all good. Gaby asked me a lot about me being adopted, how that was, how I felt, and just how I saw my life in general. So we were able to share a little bit of the plan of salvation with her. I told her that it is so real how God puts us in families and gives us a chance to live with each other eternally and how it was all planned before we even came here. I told her that how my family is put together isn't by coincidence because it honestly couldn't be. It was part of Gods plan for me at from the beginning and something I will always be grateful for. So it was cool to share that with her.

Our focus right now here is just helping Luis and finding new people to teach. Luis has been doing pretty good, but with the environment he lives in, its really hard for him sometimes. He has a few friends in the church but he leans on us pretty hard, and all is friends outside the church keep offering him drugs and alcohol since that was his old life. So we are trying to help him see the light and have him see the potential that we see that he has. That's what the work is all about, just helping people see themselves the way that God sees them and the true potential they have to be a light in the world to help others.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen



No comments:

Post a Comment