Monday, March 5, 2018

Week 96



Mommy & All,

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." -William Shakespeare

This week was pretty good. 

This week I almost had to get another couple Argentine stitches. We were chillin in our house Saturday afternoon eating some lunch when I bee flew in and started getting in my face. So I got up to end it, and grabbed a towel and proceeded to chase it around the house making attempts to take its life. So in kitchen, we have the counter and the front window right above. On the counter below the window, the plates I'd just washed were drying. I had chased this bee through the hall, out of the bedroom and back into the kitchen. As all bees do, when it saw the window it headed straight for what it thought was freedom, but of course, just kept slamming up against the glass. I came running over, swinging as usual. I start to take some swings at the window trying to smash the bee and I saw that the plates there right in front of me but didn't really care all that much because the bee had to die.  The bee decided to fly down into the plates. I took a nice right swing with the towel down into the plates and the next thing I know my left hand is covered in blood. I hit the plate and it jumped off and landed on my left hand that was chillin on the counter still. I was surprised I only broke one of them, haha, but I was also mad because the one I broke happened to be my Ramen eating plate. I cut my finger pretty good and everyone told me to get some stitches but I fixed it up and it is healing good. 

We were able to teach some people named Diana and Mario and Mario's his wife who I can't remember her name. They were people I taught just once with Nelson and they were really cool. They live in our neighborhood and have a really nice house, like most where we live. They let us in yesterday and gave us a bunch of food and we were able to talk a little about the Book of Mormon with them. We read the intro that just talks about what the book is and really the most important part is the invitation and the promise at the end. That if we really read the Book of Mormon and pray to find out it is true, we will know for sure and will be able to gain a firm testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. 

We had a conference this week with President and one of the things we did was have us sit down and list a bunch of truths we wouldn't know about or would miss out on if we didn't have the Book of Mormon. That was crazy to see and made me even more grateful to be able to have the restored teachings of Jesus Christ at my fingertips.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen




No comments:

Post a Comment