Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Week 5




To All My Great Support (and Mom especially),

Hola from my last P-Day here at the CCM. This week has been a good, tumultuous week. A lot of interesting things going on in our District which I won't speak about in this letter, but its been a good growing experience for all, especially for me! Since I've had to be in the middle of it, fulfilling my District Leader Duties haha.  I helped one Elder who's girlfriend is on a mission in New Jersey and both are really struggling, and just plain life drama. But overall, all is well! Elder Harris is really grateful for all the Emails and donations by everyone involved. And PLEASE keep him in your prayers. He found out his older brother is in Prison, and I literally just found out his Dad is back in the hospital because he got sick and wouldn't wake up. Its hard for this man out here, and its truly an honor to be his Companion. Much Love to you all.

So Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came and talked to us last Tuesday. He talked about how God knows us One by One. 3 Nephi Chapter 11 verse 15 says, "And it came to pass that the multitude went forth, and thrust their hands into his side, and did feel the prints of the nails in his hands and in his feet; and this they did do, going forth ONE BY ONE until they had all gone forth, and did see with their eyes and feel with their hands, and did know of a SURETY and did bear record, that it was he, of whom it was written by the prophets, that should come." The most interesting thing I thought Elder Bednar said was, " The FIRST word God uttered to man in this dispensation was "JOSEPH."  That proves he knows each of us by name." I could spend a whole letter on his talk but I won't. I will close with this though. He started the whole talk by saying he'll never be able to give another devotional like this one ever again. We were all really confused until the very end. Elder Bednar wrote a new Hymn. It's called "One by One." It will be published in the "New Era" next month. This devotional was the first time it was heard publicly and OUR choir sang it. Very Powerful.

Wanna give a BIG S/O to my Dad since Fathers day is coming up this Sunday. I would not be here, I would not have the chance to play college football, I wouldn't have ever lived in Cache Valley if it wasn't for the amazing man I call Daddy. Of course Momma has a large factor in that as well haha and I love you both. Also I Large S/O to my Little Big Sis who his the age of 20 on Sunday, are you kidding! Hope BYU-I and good Ole Rexburg are treating you well Jess, thanks for the great example you've keep to me throughout the years as well. I know literally you were the one always looking up (hahahahahaha) but figuratively, it was always me. Love you guys a lot.

Well as always, thanks so much for all the Love and Support from back home. Kind of scary going down to the Arctic Tundra on Monday, but cool as well! You develop a comfort level here at the CCM, yet its also very repetitive.  Please just keep me in your prayers. :)

Much Love,

Elder Christensen


Max C. lll #88 #GOPACK


When asked about the following few pictures, Max said "We are agents of the Lord. Its our Zone thing haha"






Proud Mama


Bubble fun






Random Photos














The greatest invention EVER!


?????


And he is off in a week





No comments:

Post a Comment