Sunday, January 1, 2017

week 34




Mommy and All,

"If we could read the secret history of our enemies, we should find in each man´s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility." -Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

This week was kinda like the last week, so I'm not really sure what to write haha. It was really good to talk to the Fam yesterday through Skype, and we had a good Christmas here. Didn't do anything special really, but that doesn't matter it was still good. Most of our investigators including Javier went North for the Fiesta and Vacation, so now we are really just trying to work with someone to listen to us. We did find a new investigator this week named Sandra. She was just a lady I contacted when I was with Aquino and I never saw her again. At one point this week we didn't have a soul who even wanted to look at us, so for some reason I thought of her house and we headed over there. She ended up letting us in and we were able to teach her the Restoration and gave her the Book of Mormon. She was really receptive and seemed to like our message. I also invited her to church, but she told us that she has a problem (of course I didn't ask what it was) and that she couldn't leave the house or else she´d gladly come. But I still hope we can teach her a little more and just see where we can go with her. 

A little Argentine fact for you. Christmas Eve and New Years are HUGE here. I know they are big at our place as well but I've never seen anything like Christmas Eve. It was really the 4th of July. Here, Santa Clause still comes on the 24th, but then they sit and count down like New Years and at 12 o'clock when its officially Christmas day, everyone opens their presents and they fire off fireworks like maniacs. Then they leave and have a fiesta dance party till about 7 in the morning. The fireworks are what got me. They sell EVERYTHING to ANYONE. People were firing off Fireworks like you see at the Stadium of Fire (or whatever its called) at BYU just off their front porch. Or if they were really cool, they´d go set one of these that literally looked like a mini rocket ship right in the middle of the road and wait for a car to come and then light it right in front of the car hahaha I did see that a few times. These are people who drink from when they get off work at 7 until 12 then some how end up with a Santa Clause Bag of fire works. One of the more entertaining really cool things I've seen here ye.t haha.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen








No comments:

Post a Comment