Wednesday, February 14, 2018

week 93



Mommy & All,

"I would rather be ashes than dust. I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor than a sleepy, permanent planet." -Jack London

This week was pretty good. My comp and I are out here working, just trying to find the people in our area who really wanna listen and progress and try to accept the Book of Mormon as a part of their lives. 

So just yesterday, we were here in Centro trying to find some stuff we need for a conference. As we were here, the city buses decided to do another one of their great protests and stopped driving so that was amazing. We had hardly any money and it was gonna be a long walk home. Then out of nowhere, a taxi guy drives up asking if we need a ride. I told him we didn't have any money. He said he would only charge us 100 pesos which from Centro to our house is really good. So as I'm sitting here having this conversation, my comp taps me on the shoulder. As I turn around, he shows me that his whole backpack is covered in foam and I thought what the heck? He said some guy and his little daughter just walked by and foamed him, and that its some kind of thing they do here. So I start looking up the street and notice that there are all these kids with foam cans in their hands. As my comp and I are standing there, this kid fakes like he is gonna walk passed us, but then turns and rushes towards us. As he is coming as us he shouts "its pretty hot outside right!?" and then out of nowhere, we both take a punch of foam right in the face. So that was great haha. Anyways the taxi guy was still nice enough to give us a ride close to our house and we got that taken care of. 

So last year when I was here in the Prensa, I made a few friends and some of those were the Familia Cercuetti. She has honestly been like another mom for me and we have been able to stay in touch throughout my mission. She invited us over for lunch the other day (before we got foamed) and it's been really cool to be able to go back there and see those guys a couple times since I've been here. Anyways so Hna Cercuetti has her 3 grandkids who practically live with her and her husband. The oldest one named Santi is getting baptized this Friday and they told me yesterday that they want me to confirm him after his baptism. So that was really really cool to hear that from them and will be a great memory to always share with them. Its been great to be down here meeting different people from all sorts of different places and learn to grow so close to them as you would your own family or really good friends. The mission is something that helps you love people of all kinds and some that you only met 5 minutes before. Its something great to experience every day.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment