Monday, July 18, 2016

week 10



Mommy & My Friends,

"Our doubts are traitors, And make us lose the good we oft might win, By fearing to attempt." -William Shakespeare

That is the biggest mountain I`m climbing right now., Not doubting that I can do this. I gave a 7 min talk in church yesterday on Faith. It helped me a lot because truly you can do anything through Christ. His mercy and grace an reach everyone if we truly try and strive to seek it every day. This work is great. I know only through pure faith (a lot of it ) can I become great enough to do a work like this. Its an amazing transformation.

Ushuaia was really cool. We just spend the day there and only stayed in the church. We did get to sneak away for a sec though and steal some pics. Minus the sea, it looks just like Cache Valley in the winter. Cool mountains with a fair amount of snow. I also saw Elder Harris and we caught up. He is doing great. President and Hermana Salerno are really cool as well. President speaks perfect English but Hermana Salerno hardly speaks any but she tried really hard for me during our interview because she wants to learn so that was nice. Besides the fact that we now can drink mate` in our pensions, no rules or goals changed from President Rogers to President Salerno. The goal is still a Temple on the Patagonia. 

When I got here, I couldn`t have cared less about soccer. But it is actually kinda cool haha I never thought I`d say that ever in my life. When I arrived, my companion told me that my team was Boca because that's his favorite team and if anyone asked me I`m Boca also. The 2 big teams in Argentina are Boca and River and you`re either one or the other and you have to hate the one you don`t cheer for. So at our lunch appointment on Thursday, the members asked if we were Boca or River. My companion said Boca, I said I didn`t care but got told I was Boca. So right then, the member went into his closet and brought out a River shirt for me haha. So now I am officially River, no longer Boca. My companion hates me now as well haha. Also, when he asked me where I was from and I said the United States, the first thing he said was, "Oh like Shaquille O`neal!" Its an honor to be put in the same category as him haha. 

One  of our investigators, Eufemia, is having problems and she gave us her book of Mormon back. I literally teared up. Also, we met with Fernando again. He only smoked one cigarette this time. I shared my adoption story with him. He really liked that and said I am very lucky. I also, for the first time since I can remember, talked about my sister, Amanda. He had a daughter that passed away with super rare disease at 6 months old. Amanda passing having only 3 months with the hole in her heart was a good connection.  He always has a lot of questions and we do the best we can. (Amanda actually lived a little less than 2 months, and was born with only half a heart, Caleb was born with a small hole, which is probably what confused Max.  Max was just barely three when this happened and Caleb was born just 2 days later).

Much Love,

Elder Christensen

Max and Elder Harris met up in Ushuaia at an area meeting to meet the new mission president



More Ushuaia






Elder Llactahuaman, one of the assistants to the president Elder Goodman, and Max







Photos of Max's district in Rio Grande (Thanks to Quique Marcos the ward mission leader)













Some more pictures from the MTC (Vader)









No comments:

Post a Comment