Monday, July 11, 2016

Week 9


 

"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels he is worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." -Abraham Lincoln. 

I read that quote on Wednesday and I really like it. It's what I strive to become. I also found out Wednesday that "Uno" here is still called "Uno". Although here, I call it "One." I got to try horse meat this week. Its pretty good really, and no different than regular meat. 

On On Thursday night we met with Fernando. He was an old investigator who was a reference from a ward member. He was pretty nice to us and he also finished 3 cigarettes during our lesson. He had a ton of questions for us (mostly Elder Llacthuaman because he talked really fast and I couldn´t understand haha). I was able to testify multiple times though and at the end of the lesson I invited him to read 2 Nephi chapter 2. So I would also like to invite all of you to read it as well. Its a good piece of scripture. 

We don´t have any progressing investigators but we have a ton of new people but we rarely have lessons. Maybe 1 or 2 a day. Its interesting here because if people are sleeping, cooking, or eating (which is LITERALLY like half the day) you don´t get in. It was a little frustrating at first, but I´ve gotten used to it. The members here though are amazing and really nice and patient with me. Milanesas are fastly becoming my favorite food with pasta being 2nd because we eat a ton of both. The members gave us so much every day last week it seemed. This week we´ve done a lot of reactivating less active members. A lot of visits like that but still waiting on some results which is okay.

We are going to Ushuaia tomorrow (the most southern town on earth so LITERALLY the end or bottom of the world) to meet the new mission president, President Salerno. Besides that, not a lot to report this week!

Much Love,

Elder Christensen

P.S. I must be gaining weight because I snapped my chair in half just sitting down last night.

Answers to a few questions we asked

We attend the church not in centro. I think there are 12 total missionaries here. There are about 100 members in our branch. Elder Shaq is great he´s super funny and helpful and a good cook as well. He also likes music and art. We mostly walk, bus, taxi. We see the missionaries in our district probably every day and the zone every Monday. We´re the only missionaries in our apartment building but the 2 hermanas in our district live in the one behind us.








His apartment complex (Right next to the church)


They actually this one





Old pictures, but just sent today














No comments:

Post a Comment