Monday, August 15, 2016

week 14


Mom & Everyone,

"Most folks area about as happy as they make up their mind to be" -Abraham Lincoln

I first wanna apologize to all of you for some of the negativity in my emails. Its been a big flaw of mine since I was young. So I promise from now on I'm going to be a lot better and I am sorry about my past emails. Negativity can just bring everyone down. 3 Nephi 13:25-26 says, "And now it came to pass that when Jesus had spoken these words he looked upon the twelve whom he had chosen, and said unto them: Remember the words which I have spoken. For behold, ye are they whom I have chosen to minister unto this people. Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?  Behold the fowls of the air, for they sow not, neither do they reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" 
I know that through Faith and the Pure love of Christ, God will take care of us if we stop worrying and trust in the Lord. That is really hard sometimes. But in the end, It will be worth it.

Besides the move this week, nothing really new. Our pension was really really dirty from the last Elders, so we had to spend all day Wednesday cleaning but it was definitely worth it now. Our new area is really dirty too because it doesn't have any roads, only mud haha. So when it rains out here, its game over, you are gonna get mud up to your knees haha. Our District also gained a new name. There is only 4 of us now with my comp and I and 2 Hermanas. So we are now called District CPP: Chiquito Pero Peligroso haha (Small But Dangerous). 

There are only a few old investigators in the area and since we are really new, we do a lot of contacting and just trying to get into new houses and share our message and offer service for anything. For some reason I get asked how many kids I have all the time. Saturday we did some service and helped a family in our ward, the Beloquis, paint there house. We also went and cleaned the church like we do every Saturday night. It was all really good. Sunday night, we talked with my first drunk guy in the mission. He said he´d talked to the other missionaries just last week and that he´d let us in because we literally don't have a bad thing to say about anything he says since we are missionaries haha. We talked with him, his friend, and his girlfriend who he called his boyfriend because he was so drunk. His friend kept getting mad because he would try to talk serious with us about how our bible is so much different and things like that, but the drunk guy would cut in and just make jokes and be super loud so it was kinda funny. We didn't get very far with them because they are firm Catholics. But they like to talk religion with all the different types of missionaries here on the Island, and there are quite a few different churches represented by missionaries here. 

Much Love,

Elder Christensen
































No comments:

Post a Comment