Monday, October 24, 2016

week 25



Mommy & Co.,

 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

 12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.

 13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.

 14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

 15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

 16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

 17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.

 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

-Jesus; John 10:11-18

I've learned that this week better than ever, just through reading and growing knowledge, that in this life we MUST remember that Jesus is OUR Good Shepherd. That He is Always here to help us in our greatest times of sorrow, to test us and help us grow, and then help us with that test or trial, to help us experience pure joy in this life when we need it most. My testimony of this has grown immensely. Not through a grand experience, but just those small things each and every day especially as we study and then search to find people to share our message with.

So yesterday we taught a new investigator named Alejandra. She lives with her mom and 2 kids. A few weeks ago, she just showed up randomly at the end of church and we had no clue who she was. We talked to her a little, but she wanted to talk to the Bishop and told us we could pass by later. We passed by this week but she wasn’t home. She came to church again yesterday. We ended up teaching her about the Restoration and giving her a Book of Mormon. At the end of the lesson she broke down sobbing and told us she didn’t have a job or food for her kids. She said one of her daughters ate for the first time in a week yesterday. She had come to the church to find help both spiritually and in life also. So now us as missionaries and a few members who have fellowshipped her in the ward, will be working hard with her as long as I am here. We will both teach her, and help her have food for her family. It’s a blessing to try and bless people like that.

Transfers were announced Friday and here we go again. Elder Fereirra is going to the other Zone in Comodoro to finish his last 6 weeks in the mission, and another Elder that happens to be from Paraguay also, is coming up from Puerto Williams which is the literal LITERAL tip of the world, sitting lower than Ushuaia in Chile. So this will be my 4th transfer with my 4th different companion haha. I am also going to be Senior Companion. This Elder also has 2 more transfers in the mission than I do.  The Elders in the office with President told me that he is sending him to me to help him improve. I haven't done anything different, but apparently Presidente Salerno saw tons of improvement in Elder Fereirra this transfer when he was with me and was really happy and he wants this Elder with me to see if I can help him too I guess. No clue when he is getting here but it should be interesting. Sounds like Elder Harris is coming up from Ushuaia to my Zone also!! If it’s the Elder Harris I know then he is going to LOVE his new comp haha it is Elder Carasco who I’ve talked about in my past emails. He is a GREAT missionary and a better person so it will be great for him.  And it will just be way cool to see him again and have him around like old times. My 4th transfer, with my 4th different comp, and my 4th Latino who doesn’t know English haha. It is a blessing though for sure.

Much Love,


Elder Christensen









No comments:

Post a Comment