Thursday, May 12, 2016

Dropping off Max at MTC and First Day Letter from Max

It came with a car ride.
He came with his bags.
He then left his family for companions in tags.
he struggled a bit 'til he walked through the door,
but then it hit Max as it hadn't before.
The day had arrived and he gave a loud roar,
it really was here, the waiting was over.

I had to.  Those of you that follow Max's tweets at Christmas, know he loves the Grinch.  This pretty much sums up yesterday.  It was a fairly quiet ride to Provo.  We stopped and had an early lunch with Max's grandparents and visited for a little while before heading to the MTC.  There was very little time to say goodbye.  A quick hug for everyone and he was off.  I love that he is smiling in the picture where his dad asked him to turn around for one last photo.  He looked happy.  He was so excited to finally begin.  We got this quick email from him last night.  Tuesdays are going to be my new favorite day for the next 6 weeks. 

(From Max)
Heyyyyy! Wow it has been crazy here haha. I've actually seen a few people I know! My P-Day is Tuesdays. My zone leaders have been really cool. One of them is a kid from Logan, an Elder Williams. He was the class of 2015 and we all played football against him, I didn't even know that! Also there's a kid here from Roy (not in my district) but T-Bone dunked on him my sophomore year so that's how I remember him hahaha. But wow its all true the spirit is sooo strong! My companion here is an Elder going to my same mission Elder Harris from North Carolina. His southern accent is pretty chill. He's 22 years old and was a convert to the church only 2 years ago!! His story is really amazing. Love all you guys and miss you already! It's gonna be a fun ride!!!

Much Love,

Elder Christensen


















No comments:

Post a Comment