Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Week One



Querdido Mi Familia y Amigos,

Hola from Provo!! they are pressing me on time so i apologize if i dont capitalize or use good punctuation haha. since most of you probably wont read this whole thing (hahaha)  I'd first like to announce i was the 2nd overall pick in the Zone 24 Futbol (soccer) Draft behind Elder Toro cuz hes from Chile. He ended up being a bust tho and didnt score a goal. we lost 6-3 but Elder Yeager (zone leader) offered me a 6 year $140 million dollar contract after the game. I guess I'll be coming back and playing Futbol insead of 
Football after all... thats how fun the MTC has been haha.



Much love to you all! miss you guys like crazy but being here is pretty cool! My schedule is pretty normal. Just 12 hours in the same class with the same 8 people (my District) every day, sometimes all day without a teacher. Sounds really boring but with the sprirt and just great company its actually pretty dang fun! the food here is pretty good not gonna lie! always eat 2 plates every meal haha. always have 2 bananas with every meal too some kind of ritual I started since the first day its so cool. playing basketball here is fun too! we go hard in the paint no lie lol.


 My district leader is elder white from south carolina, with elder toro from vernal utah (born in Chile) Elder hansen from malta idaho, elder cranney from boise idaho, and hermana (sister) gould from california hermana zuniga from Arizona and my companion elder harris from north carolina. the spanish is going pretty good honestly! learned so much and made life long friends in just 6 days is crazy here. My favorite experience has been just getting to know each other. We all get along really well and we're all freaking funny (at least i am as you all know hahaha) but yeah we chill.


 Elder Harris' story the short version: He's from North Carolina. He's 22 years old but he looks younger than all of us. He doesn't really have any connection with his family anymore and hes the only member in his family. He lived with a ward family before he came out here and at one time he was homeless. hes only a 2 year convert yet I've never met anyone who loves the gospel more than him. His spirit and testimony have grown mine more inthe last 6 days than in the last 2 months. thats how great he is. He's been struggling with the language but hes a strong elder no doubt.


 Sunday we all went to choir practice (yes CHOIR) and then had a devotional by the president of the new provo temple. It was pretty good. I know this is the most important work I can do on this earth. It truly is an honor to serve my Father in Heaven.

Much Love to you ALL,

Elder Christensen


Max C. lll #88 #GOPACK

Max and his companion Elder Haris


His District


I believe they are left to right: Sister Zuniga, Sister, Gould, Elder White, Elder Toro, Elder Hansen, Elder Cranney, Elder Christensen, and Elder Harris

Futbal Draft








Random pictures from his district/zone



























And for some reason they talk on Bananas





No comments:

Post a Comment