Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Week 2



HELLO EVERYONE,

I'm gonna be honest, this week was kinda hard! The homesickness really caught up to me this week. It was great to hear from a lot of you today and last week! I honestly need all the support I can get from home but I know I'll make it through. 

Well in my last letter I totally forgot to mention my companion and I just finished teaching our first investigator, Palma! We've already taught her Five 30+ minute lessons in SPANISH ONLY. Its amazing what God can do for you and how he can make up the difference for you and "make your weak things become strong." Through this time, I've never been more sure that Heavenly Father knows me personally and that my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ died for me. He died for all of us, so that we have the chance to love with Them again. Elder Holland says, "The first convert on your mission must be YOURSELF." And that has definitely happened to me. This is the Truest thing on earth.

Well I got called to be District Leader on Sunday. It's been different here because I never thought I'd be in a leadership position, at least not here. But it truly is a privilege to do so. We get a new district in tomorrow. 4 new elders and 4 new hermanas. President Hyde (our Branch President) said that by the time we leave, we'll have 64 new missionaries in our Zone. Right now we only have 16 total right now because our oldest district just left haha. I also had to give a talk all in Spanish in church on Sunday & taught a lesson on the Book of Mormon in District Meeting. 'Twas a busy Sabbath lol. 

Mom asked where everyone is going so I will tell you: Elder White & Elder Toro are going to the Argentina, Resistencia Mission. Elder Hansen & Elder Cranney are going to the Panama, Panama City Mission.
Hermana Gould & Hermana Zuniga are going to Nicaragua on the Mission. And of course Elder Harris and I are going to the Argentina, Comodoro Rivadavia Mission. I'm also the 2nd youngest in the whole Zone right now only to Elder White. He graduated early as well in January and turned 18 in March so I'm only older by 4 months. The funny thing is that He's the new Zone Leader & I'm the new District Leader. So everyone we're in charge of is AT LEAST a year older than us. Or in Elder Harris' case, 4 years.

Also want to give a Shout Out to the class of 2016. I heard seminary graduation went well. And I'm looking forward to hearing how School graduation goes also. Congrats to all of you. we made it my homies, we made it. Although I'm really really happy I won't be there for graduation. Not because I'm here learning, maturing, and growing spiritually, but also because I know I'd hate it but have to suffer through it anyway.  But really, Its an honor to be associated with such amazing individuals like you guys. The class of 2016 has already, and will continue to do amazing things. Good Luck to all of you.

This is easily the hardest thing I've ever done. Yet it is the greatest thing I've ever done. A lot more important to the maturity of my life and in the eyes of my Heavenly Father than Football even. Which hard for me to even say haha. But it is a great work. It's a privilege to do so. We aren't here to raise the number of members around the world, we are here to save Eternal souls. We had a Devotional on Sunday by Brother Littlefield. He looks at all the missionary recommendations before they get send to the First Presidency. He gave a few quotes I really liked: "WE SHOULD'T TEACH THE GOSPEL SO PEOPLE CAN UNDERSTAND. WE MUST TEACH SO THEY CAN'T MISUNDERSTAND." -Brother Littlefield

He also shared this quote: 2 PEOPLE CAN DO ANYTHING, AS LONG AS ONE OF THEM IS GOD!" -Anonymus

Thank you so much for all your support.

Much Love To You All,

Elder Christensen

Max C. lll #88 #GOPACK


















No comments:

Post a Comment