Friday, June 23, 2017

Week 59



Mommy & All,

"I flinched, when I should`ve scurried." -Uncle Max (Lion King 1 1/2)

First off I wanna wish my Little Big sis a happy 21st birthday! Wow we are starting to grow up. Second I wanna give a Shout Out to my Ole Dad for Fathers Day yesterday. Like Mom, I cant thank you enough ever for all youve done for me. You've given me the best example in my life of how to have a work ethic to get what you really want. Never seen a harder worker or more dedicated person when it comes to reaching the goals he sets. And of course with the goals I've had in life, your example has more than helped me. Thank you for that.

This week was pretty good. We got to see Raul last Monday and he made us Ostrich. Its kinda like Road Runner and actually isn't that weird for people down in this part to eat it and I thought it was pretty good.

We headed to Las Heras Monday night and didn't get back till Thursday afternoon. While we were in Las Heras we got to stop by and see Cyntia for a bit and that was cool. She's struggling with health problems so we shared Ether 12:27 with her about how God gives us weaknesses so that we can be humble and through faith he can make them our strengths. She really liked that and invited us back this week to eat empanadas haha. 

Friday it snowed all day long which was pretty cool I thought and we got about 5-6 inches. So Friday morning we trudged through the blizzard to go visit Luisa. We shared Alma 34 with her that talks about how we shouldn't put of the day of our repentance till the end because by then its too late. She understood what we were saying perfectly, but told us she is not getting baptized outside and the blizzard going on while we were teaching this lesson didn't really help the cause. So we asked her what she thought if we somehow found a place inside here in Perito and she actually said yes to that. So we are hoping that in the coming weeks we can have a chance to see her baptism. Friday we also gotta see Gisel. Julian finally got back from his trip to Cordoba so we were able to talk to the both of them together and it went pretty good. We were able to talk about marriage and baptism and how the 2 together can bring all these blessings into their lives and the lives of their little girls. We were able to sit down and read The Family: A Proclamation to the World with them and that was really good. Like I've said before, my comp and I are both able to testify because of the example our parents have given us while we were growing up, and what kind of blessings an Eternal Family can bring. So they said they will start the talks about marriage so it will be interesting to see how that plays out.

 On Sunday, Augustin came to church so that was really good and we got to go visit with his family that afternoon as well, with his parents Marcelo and Maria. We shared with them The Family: A Proclamation to the World as well and sat and read it with them and they seemed to enjoy it. They ask a lot of really good questions and ended up telling us that they are planning on getting married at the end of this year which was really cool to hear. I'm pretty I wont be around here to see that or their baptism, but its good to hear they are starting that process. We also talked a lot with them about the Plan of Salvation because they have a tons of questions about that. Marcelo, Gisel, and Yanel are losing their Mom to cancer and are of course struggling with that and have a lot of questions about what goes on after all this. It does help us out a lot that their brother is a Branch President and the questions that we cant answer he can. We say that the Plan of Salvation contains the answers to the questions of the Soul. Where did I come from, what is my purpose here, and where am I going after this life. It's great to help people recognize this Plan. A plan we all chose and accepted before this life, we are just here to give a reminder. Everyone talks about Eternal Life and Eternal Families, but we are able to give people the formula and steps to make it there.

Much Love,

Elder Christensen











No comments:

Post a Comment